Monday, August 23, 2010

Back in Hawaii

People ask what I've been up to since I've been back to the island.  Well, just see below:


Finding a Home: I found a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment with a yard and covered parking... so it'll do just fine for me for at least 6 months.  However, every shelf (kitchen AND bathrooms) was covered with cowprint.  The problem is resolved now, luckily.

Brigade Ball: This event was held before I even got my household goods out of storage, so I didn't even have my uniform to wear.  However my boss was cool enough to bring my case up and make it so that I could attend (I would just have to go out and buy an appropriate fancy-shmancy dress of course).  So with the dress and some borrowed items from Molly and Mrs. Nacho, I threw together an outfit.  Aisha was my unofficial date, even though I don't think she knew/knows that.  Afterwards I hung out with Leslie, Chris x 2, Dave, and Aisha.  All around... a good time.

Polo Match: Good friends, a makeshift BBQ, and horse sport... it was a good Sunday afternoon.

Beach: Getting my Hawaii tan back.


Church: One week, the a (the?) Korean children's choir came to perform and they were absolutely delightful, bilingual, talented, little people.  I got a hug too!


Sealife Park: Sealions, penguins, turtles, stingrays, and dolphins- they are all at the park and they all made me smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment