Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Girly Girl's Guide to Deployment (Face!)

I've been in Iraq for 11 months and I've come to the conclusion that being deployed kind of sucks... and it's a special kind of "suckiness" experienced by the "girly girl" while deployed.  But we've still got to do our best with what we've got, right?

1.  From the moment you get to Kuwait your skin will dry out.  But if you try to moisturize before going out, you end up profusely sweating from heavy lotion suffocating your skin.  So, I moisturize before I go to bed.  I wake up with a glow-y face and the moisturizer already has soaked in.  I use Origins Eye Doctor (all over my face, not just on my eyes).  You obviously can't pick this up on camp, so you'll need a nice pal to send it over for you (for me this pal was Chris Beeler!).

2.  Don't forget sunscreen, you can't put this on before bed, so choose one that's light.

3.  Lose the face makeup (foundation, blush, bronzer).  And while we're at it ditch the eye shadow and heavy eyeliner. Do you REALLY need it?  HERE??

4.  Chapstick is a must-have.  No need to choose anything fancy-shmancy.  They all work the same from what I can tell...

5.  Wanting to feel at least a little girly?  Curling your eyelashes and a coat of mascara (waterproof) never hurt anyone.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment