Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Girly Girl's Guide to Deployment (Shower!)

1.  Continuing with the sentiment that the Middle East environment can make your skin look like crocodile hide, the perfect body wash is moisturizing.  The best I've found is Olay Ribbons Body Wash.  I got sent the purple kind (thanks, Shannon), but I'm sure any of the 3 varieties are great.













2.  Shower shoes.  One accessory that you can actually use to "express yourself".  The ones pictured are mine (thanks, Meredith, xoxo!!).  Yes, I know I could use a pedicure, don't judge, I'm in Iraq.  Anyways, these are cute, are grippy on the bottom (no one wants to fall down in a public shower), and have a closed sole (some flip flops have a hole thru the bottom of the sole where the thong between the toes connects, but that just allows the chance of dirty public shower water to seep up to your feet, eek!).  So these ones are great, and according to the tag are Brazil-made, but able to be purchased at local Wal-Marts (you'd have to ask my college roomie Meredith to know for sure though.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Actually I bought those from this cute boutique in Brazil! ... ... ... ok they're from wal mart, I'm in Fayetteville, my sources are limited haha =-) Glad they worked though!

    ReplyDelete